Sunday, February 13, 2011

2nd Draft of Application Letter

Hi guys! Here is the 2nd draft of my application letter. Please copy and paste the url below to download it from dropbox.I am doing this because blogspot messes up the format of my letter ><.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11431641/Application%20Letter%20for%20ES2007S%20%28for%20blog%29.docx

Please take a look at it and give me comments =). By the way, I realize that the word "Enclosure" in my letter spills into the second page. If any of you can find something in my letter which can be shortened so that my letter is exactly one page in length, I would be grateful for your help. Thanks =).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jon,

    First thing that I think has to change is that the post should be directly here, instead of having to click on the dropbox link you gave. Haha.. It's an extra step which feels exceptionally difficult to make!

    Second, 'I am very interested to work for you in this exciting research project' sounds somewhat overpowering. Perhaps you can find a way to tune down your enthusiasm and turn this statement into something more subdued.

    Third, I think you can remove the 'in addition' from 'In addition, I am familiar with bioinformatics tools'. It may make the sentence flow more smoothly.

    Other than these, I find your application letter quite well done! I especially like the way you support your claims with concrete details (like the programs that you learnt how to use). These give me assurance that you know how to do your job.

    Ok,jia you!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Edwin! Especially since you were the only one who posted haha. So sad right? :P

    ReplyDelete